Every city grapples with the issue of crime, and Houston is no exception. While no neighborhood is immune from crime, all can benefit from increased security. The VC Security Foundation (“the Foundation”) was created in November 2015 as a 501(c)(3), non-profit corporation with the vision of improving safety and security in our neighborhoods. The Foundation brings together the Lewisdale, Park Civic and Vermont Commons neighborhoods and functions as administrator for our neighborhood Constable Patrol.
Please join our efforts by clicking on the “Become a Member” button.
- Mission: The Foundation’s mission is to advance public safety and crime prevention, with a geographic focus on the Foundation’s core neighborhoods and surrounding area. Our activities will help alleviate the burdens faced by local government in these regards, and will improve safety, and thereby quality of life, for our citizens.
Strategy: The Foundation’s strategy is to develop and expand the Constable Patrol program.
- Build relationships with the Harris County Constables, the Houston Police Department, other law enforcement agencies, security organizations and like-minded community organizations.
- Publish timely information on crime statistics, crime prevention and reporting.
- Promote projects that meaningfully enhance safety and security in and around our neighborhoods.
- Serve as an organizer and conduit for discussion and collaboration aimed at finding solutions to community concerns.
United neighborhoods are safer neighborhoods!